Friday 25 April 2008

10p hits home

My wife has had her first payslip of the tax year and her take home pay has dropped from £835 to £818 this month.

Not a huge problem as my wages are higher, but £20 less to spend this month. I doubt any of the measures announced to be looked at will compensate us.

The only good thing to come out of this is that she has not decided not to vote Labour again. As a life long Labour voter I guess this is a big decision.

Her reasoning is this

This was a deliberate tax rise on the lowest paid to pay for tax cuts for the higher paid.

The tax rise is still going ahead as Labour cobble some bizarre benefit together some time this year.

Gordon Brown must have known what he was doing and has lied to the Labour party and the people.

Sadly for me, after further discussion, her decision not to Labour again now has a caveat attached that this only applies while Gordon Brown leads them.

No comments: