Thursday 19 February 2009

Brown and his lack of apologies

When questioned on his inability to admit his mistakes and say sorry Gordon claims to have apologised for the 10p rate fiasco.

Just to be clear he said this

"We made two mistakes. I'll be honest about it, we made two mistakes,"

Note the lack of the word 'I' or the word 'sorry'. So here he is admitting mistakes were made by 'we' which is very different from 'sorry I made a mistake there'

Now when questioned on the lack of any 'sorrys' he has a new line

'I would be happy to say sorry if the banks had collapsed and people had lost their deposits and savings'

But you see if the banks had collapsed and people had lost their money he would now be stood in front of us blaming global factors, bankers, regulations or the Tories.

If he had been asked 2 years ago if he would say sorry for increasing the country's debt and allowing an unprecedented debt fueled housing boom , he would have said. 'I would be happy to say sorry if I had let the country slide into recession'

No comments: